Music

Friday, October 26, 2012

day300!

Wow 300 days of blog posts. Holy cow.

Friday was a pretty dang good day, although quite stressful.
Because my phone is broken, I couldn't set an alarm, so I had to do so with my iHome. Didn't matter anyway because I went back to sleep. But I did wake up with enough time to get ready and get to class.
So I went to my classes, music theory and piano performance. I performed my Bach Fugue in class for the first time and did a pretty good job I thought. After that I met Colter, James, and a bunch of people at Ocean Buffet for lunch. So yummy.

I then went back to the school to practice until it was time for Austin to pick me up. He was there right at 3:30, right on time. It was my first time riding on his motorcycle, and he took me all the way around the Gunlock loop. It was beautiful and a great time. And he got me back to the school just in time to start getting ready for the vocal recital.

I changed into my skirt and tights and met Celeste to start warming up for her performance with me as her accompanist.
The first song, the German one, went great! During the second song though, we got lost and I thought I'd messed up and ruined the whole thing. We did pick it back up though and finish it well, and later Celeste told me she watched the recording of it and she had actually sung the wrong part which threw us both off. I guess it wasn't too bad because afterwards one of the teachers in the music department told me I did some "good work" and that he wanted to add me to the list of accompanists to use me elsewhere. Yay!
I'm so glad I'm furthering my piano skills by studying music in college. It's wonderful.

I went to my parent's house for some pizza before meeting Alex at my house at 7:30. We rented some weird movie from Red Box and the DVD player skipped toward the beginning and we missed a big chunk of the movie so we never really figured out what was going on.
Katlyn and Randon came back from their date and we all chatted a bit before Carissa got home. The boys left so the three of us could go up to Sand Cove to meet our friends and camp the night!
We got up there in no time and sat around the campfire talking. It was us, Ty, Monks, Nathan, Berkley, Mindy, Sarah, Brian, Brayden, Rafael, Trevor, and some other people I can't really remember because not everyone stayed the night.
After midnight, Brent called me and told me that he and his friend Chase were coming up to camp with us. I'd invited him earlier and tried to coordinate it by having Katlyn text him and I guess it worked out!
Thank goodness they came, because there wasn't enough room in the bed of the truck for me and Carissa to sleep. So we slept on some pads and sleeping bags on the ground with a bunch of blankets, then I had Brent next to me to keep me warm, and Carissa had Chase to keep her warm. Basically I was in Brent's arms all night and it was wonderful and cozy until we woke up and it was freezing.



No comments:

Post a Comment