Music

Saturday, October 6, 2012

day280.

Saturday.
We woke up and got ready to go to the hotel's breakfast buffet.

After breakfast, Kirsten took Conner to the hotel pool to swim. The rest of us went and sat by the pool in our clothes just to watch the little cutie have fun. Kirsten got in the hot tub with Conner, and we were all sitting about 20 feet away from the pool. I was watching music videos on my phone when Conner got out of the hot tub and started running away. He was running right alongside the pool, when a little girl accidentally bumped into him, causing him to fall into the pool. He's two years old and he can't swim.

This all happened so fast but I remember watching him fall in, then staring at him for a few seconds as he struggled to tread water, not able to keep his face above. He stared right at me with big scared eyes and I was waiting for him to figure out how to swim or something. In these few seconds I came to the realization that he obviously couldn't swim, and that no one was doing anything. My mom was standing nearby fully clothed, but she couldn't reach him.

Without thinking, I jumped up, ran to the pool, and jumped in with all my clothes and shoes on, and grabbed him. Almost simultaneously, Kirsten jumped in coming from the other direction, wearing her swimsuit. I honestly don't know who jumped in first or who grabbed him or anything because it all happened so fast but it was so scary. I think we all froze up for a second, subconsciouly waiting for someone else to save him. I mean, there were adults sitting right by the edge of the pool who easily could've jumped in first but they didn't do anything.

I got out of the pool in my wet clothes, shaking, but so glad that nothing bad happened. I went back to my chair and couldn't find my phone and got scared that maybe it was in the pool. But then I found it on some person's towel.. I guess I'd dropped it without realizing it. Thank goodness.

After that, we lounged around before going over to shop at Forever 21 and stuff. We ate lunch/dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. We went to Balboa Island at night and stood on the dock. Drove around and looked at super nice little houses.

What a day.


Baby be careful.
Favorite sweater I bought! 
At Cheesecake Factory!




And some rings I bought :) 
Balboa Island.


No comments:

Post a Comment