Music

Monday, July 1, 2013

40s and 50s.

I am almost willing to pay someone to come to my house every morning and drag me out of bed at 7:00 a.m. Really, I do not need to sleep in so late. I've been doing a little better at going to bed a little earlier, but my body still loves to lay in that bed as long as possible. It makes it so I get nothing done and I feel like crap. At least I made a good lunch for myself today, and I'll have some leftovers too.

The summer is more than halfway over, going by way too fast, and I haven't done near half of the things I want to do. Not enough hiking, no camping, not enough road trips, not enough swimming or parties or walks or working out or meeting new friends. I am working out a lot more than I ever have, but I can still do better.

Also, I haven't done hardly anything with my music other than the filming of my video... which I hope turns out good. And I hope it's done soon. I mean, I've written several new songs, but I don't have a good way to produce them ever since Chase started pulling away from me, or I away from him. For now I'm just working on a little collaboration. And I would totally do the work to call all kinds of venues and book a small tour or something, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard, only problem is I don't have a band, and I'm sure no one will be entertained long by just me and my guitar. Maybe it'll be my goal to book a small tour around Utah, Arizona, California, etc. for next summer. Yeah!

Anyway. At my grandmother's funeral, they had old music playing from her time. I never realized how enjoyable it is to listen to. At work today I've been listening to a 50s station on Pandora, and searching other stations for 40s songs, and adding them to a Spotify playlist. It's just so easy to listen to and so nice. And it might just inspire me to write music a little differently :) Anyone want to do some shoo-be-doos for me?


No comments:

Post a Comment