Music

Friday, July 12, 2013

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

I have a feeling this is going to be a longish post.

I met my family at Golden Corral for lunch for my dad's birthday. My dad had to pick me up because my car wouldn't start. After lunch, my car actually did start and I was able to drive it to a shop where my dad bought me a new battery and installed it for me. I am very grateful.

We then met my mom and sisters at the mall for a bit, and I bought my dad a new shirt. After that, we went to the theater and saw Pacific Rim. I'm very glad I've been able to see so many of the good movies this summer.

We went to their house and had cake and ice cream, and I spent time with my family. I came home to my apartment alone. Melinda left for Salt Lake again, and Carissa was who knows where. I took advantage of the opportunity and recorded vocals for Stephen and sent them off to Chase. I hope they are good enough.



Okay so... a couple things. I have been very happy this week. I am very happy in general right now. But there are a couple things making me pretty sad. One, someone told me that one of my returned missionary friends who I used to be very close to stopped going to church and said "f*** that" to it. Two, I can't believe I have let people treat me so badly at times in my life (unrelated to one).

I could go on and give details about my returned missionary friend, but then you would know who I was talking about, and I'm not going to do that. Like I said, we used to be very close, and even though we are not anymore, I will never talk badly about him or disrespect him, especially in a place as public as my blog.

As for the second thing, well, I have always known when people are treating me badly and I have always made excuses for them or given them second, third, and fourth chances. I have put so much effort into trying to make certain people like me, and I know that part of the reason I tried so hard is because of the whole "want what you can't have" thing.

I have always known that I deserve to be treated the way I want and need to be, and I really do try my best to treat others in the same way. The guy who I went out with this week is great. He's not the first great guy I have gone on a date with, but ever since our date I am just really determined to not waste my love on anyone who isn't going to make me feel like I am worth every second of his time. I am not perfect and I'm not saying I deserve perfection, but I do know that I have a big heart, and I don't have to give it to people who are going to hurt me.


I really am happy though. I feel very empowered because of the little things I have been changing in my life to be the best person I can. And I can see the effects of my efforts starting to present themselves.



"you're so beautiful and talented. something good will happen to you." I'm not afraid to believe him.




No comments:

Post a Comment