Music

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Time stands still.

I woke up to a text this morning from the guy I went out with last night. He asked if he could come swimming with me at my pool :)

So I went to the gym, came home to get ready and in the meantime, Tyler Lambert came over to chill for a bit. I cleaned up the house a bit and got ready to go swimming.

He came over a little before 2:00 and we went swimming until a little after 3:00. It was super nice. The last time I went swimming in my pool, it was freezing. But today it was perfect. And he's fun. And easy to be around. 

We got out at one point to just lay in the sun and he said something about how time usually goes by fast, but it was going by at just the right pace or something like that. I thought that was interesting to think about. Because there are definitely times in my life where time goes by slow, but not because I'm not having fun. It's more like time is standing still and just letting you enjoy that short amount you have with someone.

When we were done swimming, we got on his bike and drove around our neighborhood to dry off :)

Then I quickly got ready for work. On my way here, I stopped at my mom's work to pick up some food she bought at Arby's so that I could put it in the fridge at work. Tasha was supposed to but couldn't anymore, so I guess it was good timing because I left for work a little early so I could get something to eat. But instead I just got to eat an Arby's sandwich. And then I got my mom a Diet Coke from McDonald's!

It is freezing in here today and I'm not too happy about that. And it's going by pretty slow... in the bad way. But it's okay because I'm excited about seeing my friends after work.

It's nice because usually I stress when I'm planning something that involves people coming to my house and depending on me for their entertainment. They're all coming over to watch my new music video, but I realized we don't have internet technically, so I'm going to be bumming off the neighbors and it will probably be slow and we'll have to wait for the thing to load and reload or whatever. And I don't have a way of playing it on anything other than my little laptop. And usually this would all stress me out like crazy but for some reason I just really have no worry at all. I feel great right now.



“Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference. Don’t allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It’s there for your convenience, not the callers. Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb. That’s where the fruit is. Don’t burn bridges. You’ll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river. Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated. Don’t major in minor things. Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Helen Keller, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. Don’t spread yourself too thin. Learn to say no politely and quickly. Don’t use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved. Don’t waste time grieving over past mistakes Learn from them and move on. Every person needs to have their moment in the sun, when they raise their arms in victory, knowing that on this day, at his hour, they were at their very best. Get your priorities straight. No one ever said on his death bed, ‘Gee, if I’d only spent more time at the office’. Give people a second chance, but not a third. Judge your success by the degree that you’re enjoying peace, health and love. Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly. Leave everything a little better than you found it. Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life and death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems. Never cut what can be untied. Never overestimate your power to change others. Never underestimate your power to change yourself. Remember that overnight success usually takes about fifteen years. Remember that winners do what losers don’t want to do. Seek opportunity, not security. A boat in harbor is safe, but in time its bottom will rot out. Spend less time worrying who’s right, more time deciding what’s right. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life. Success is getting what you want. Happiness is liking what you get. The importance of winning is not what we get from it, but what we become because of it. When facing a difficult task, act as though it’s impossible to fail.” — Jackson Brown Jr.





No comments:

Post a Comment