Music

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Clutter.

Gym, then went to my parent's house with Melinda so I could wash my sheets and she could wash some stuff. That's all I've done today, and working right now.

I have lots of time at work to browse random stuff, like Stumble Upon, and blogs, etc. I found one of those "life lessons" lists and this particular item made me think:

"Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways."

Hmmm. I'm not sure how to feel about that because I love THINGS. I wouldn't call myself super worldly in the typical way it's thought of, because I don't buy expensive clothes all the time, or drive an expensive car, and I don't pride myself in having tons of nice stuff to show off. But. I do love collecting random trinkets and useless stuff that looks cool. I go to thrift stores. My room is full of random vases, picture frames, bowls, jewelry, paintings, and other decorations. Something about having all these things makes my room feel more like it's "mine." And people tell me you can learn a lot about someone by looking at their room. And it just makes me happy owning little things. It's all so silly.

But... would I be happier if all I had in my room was the bare minimum? No random decorations, just meaningful ones? Should I go through my jewelry and get rid of stuff I haven't worn in a year? Probably yes about the jewelry part. Maybe. I don't know. What should I do?



I know I've said before that I don't understand the whole page view thing, and I still don't. I mean, I know that a lot of it is just coming from spam traffic or whatever it is, but seriously the other day it said 237 page views and I forgot to screen shot it but then today it's 70. But I only know of like 3 people who regularly read my blog. So this just doesn't help me at all haha.

This is one of the calls I was doing today. Just to let you know just how boring it can be.



No comments:

Post a Comment