Music

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

day199.

I went to the lds.org homepage today for the first time in a couple weeks and I absolutely love the video they have featured right now. I've typed the scripture that goes along with it below. It's such a beautiful scripture, and I'm going to read it over and over. It's so amazing to me how whenever I take the time and effort to search, I am so inspired and filled. Just by hearing this scripture that I've already heard a hundred times, I am so motivated to better "let my light so shine before men." It just reminds us that in order to give light to others, we ourselves must be on fire. Not just have a spark, but be on fire. Figuratively of course. I just want whoever is reading this to know that I believe in Christ, and I know the LDS church is full of the restored truth. If I wasn't so sure, I wouldn't want so badly to share it with others and for them to know the truth too. I love everyone and know that if we all live by these principles, our lives will be substantially better. That doesn't mean life will be easier. It just means we will be stronger, happier, and completely satisfied with the people we are. I would say sorry for such a long post about this, but I know it's the truth and so I am only saying sorry that I don't post about it more. If you still want to read about my day, I'm writing it below this wonderful scripture. Read it three times at least, okay? It's also written on this link. Please watch the video. It would be the biggest favor you can do for me today :) Or actually, for yourself.

http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/sermon-on-the-mount-the-beatitudes?lang=eng


3. Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7. Blessed are the merciful: for their shall obtain mercy.
8. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
13. Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.


_________________________________________________________


I woke up at 4 a.m. to do two of Tony's routes. I got home at 8:15 and didn't even feel like going back to bed. In fact, I felt great and wanted to go for a run but I didn't have ear buds for my iPod and no way was I gonna go running without music. So I settled for doing crunches and leg lifts and then made a running playlist on my iPod for the future.
I went to work at noon. Toward the end of my shift, Spencer randomly showed up to visit me and to give me some fliers for the party he's putting on this Friday. For more info, go HERE.
Anyway, he left when I did. I went to Target and bought some ear buds and an arm band. Yay! I ran into Katie Berry there, which is random because I hadn't seen her for a year I think, and she started following me on Instagram today. Oh my Instagram is @ashleewoo :) So is my Twitter.
I ran some other errands and came home to eat dinner with my family. Then Kirsten, Ben, and I went to a nursing home and performed a few songs. Tasha, my mom, dad, Connor, and Parker came to listen. Sweet old people. They think we're so talented.
Oh yeah I went to the library earlier because I didn't go yesterday. I got a book by Einstein and I already feel smart.. although I haven't opened it yet.
I'm going to spend less time watching Netflix and more time reading. Especially the scriptures. Happy, mom? :)

Song:
I wore a skirt and heels today! It's not very often I find something to match these shoes.
I looove.
 Connor looking at the birds at the nursing home.
 Oh my gosh Ben made these cookies then put mint chocolate chip ice cream inside. Oh my gosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment