Music

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

day186.

My family and I woke up early-ish to drive to Cedar City for the parade like every year. I actually think it was the first time in a while that I spent all day with my family on the 4th. Last year I was in Provo alone.. sort of. Anyway, the parade was alright, then we went to the park where they have all the activities. Kirsten and I got up on stage and sang karaoke together and that was fun. We picked up some KFC, another tradition, and ate it at my grandma's house in her big backyard with a bunch of family. I was pretty tired and my eyes were bothering me so I was a little glad when it was time to go home. First thing I did was take out my contacts and put on dees glasses.
Later we all went to Cafe Rio, except Desi cause she ditches us for her friends every chance she gets. Then my mom and I went to TJ Maxx just for a second before heading home. I got ready and met a bunch of people at Ty's furniture store. They'd taped off the parking lot for us to watch the fireworks. Then Travis, me, Chad, April, and a couple other people walked up the hill behind the buildings so we'd have a better spot to see the flaming waterfall.
I just wish Sam could've been there. He's still in Paige working. It's been a long time since I've had a boyfriend to spend any sort of holiday with. I don't remember the last time I got to kiss someone during fireworks.
But he'll come home soon and I don't think he'll have to go back again, and I can't wait to spend more time with him. He really is a great guy who treats me so well.


Just my nephew being cute.
 I think this blurry picture of a firework is pretty.

 The flaming waterfall!

No comments:

Post a Comment