Music

Sunday, July 15, 2012

day197.

Did I mention that last night I did one of the most stupid things I've ever done? Nothing bad or anything. It was on accident. That's all.



Getting out of bed was harder than normal today for some reason.
Church was good though of course. I think some girls from Finland were visiting or something.
I drove home from church and it was nice and sunny. I had all these plans to come home and clean my room, make a nice healthy lunch, read some books. Well I cleaned my room and then... it started pouring. Just tons and tons of rain out of nowhere, my street started flooding within minutes. For a while there was some pretty bad hail too.
We went out in our backyard and saw that it was flooded with a few inches of water, and the people who designed it didn't make any way for it to drain out at all. In fact, water from up front was coming down making it worse. My dad, Tasha, Kirsten, Ben, and I got buckets and started throwing as much water over our wall as possible. Luckily there's a street behind our house and not another house.
Our neighbors showed up (the awesome ones) and started helping us out. The water was inches away from going through two doors into our basement. The rain was coming down on us hard, and thunder was booming like crazy.
Finally it let up and the sun came through. My uncle and aunt came over and brought a pump so we could clear out the water altogether. Looking at Facebook, it was clear that some people had it pretty bad and could even swim in it. I guess some people went skim boarding too. The apartments around the corner from me were completely flooded, though, with mud and all. People are still down there cleaning it all out. It was just crazy I tell you!
We had lasagna for dinner, my favorite ever. I went to ward prayer. And now I'm cozy and dry in my little room on my bed.
And here are a bunch of pictures and a song.

Poor Lucy!

 Shortly after the rain started, before I went out into it and got to work.
 The water creeping toward the door.

 Street behind our house after the rain let up.

 Connor wanted to help!
 Baby Parker had no idea what was going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment