Music

Saturday, September 15, 2012

day259.

First off I want you (Michael) to know that tonight I tried writing a new song but someone came in and told me to be quiet so I stopped. I never have a chance to play my guitar til it's late at night and apparently people like to sleep or something.

I was at work today and I was captiong a 3-way call in which I could only hear 2 of the participants. One of them started talking about how PB&J sandwiches are outlawed in schools now just in case someone is allergic to peanuts. The other one I could hear was shocked and thought it was so ridiculous. Saying like, well some people can't eat certain meats and other foods blah blah blah so are they going to outlaw that too? "Yeah probably." And then went on to say if they eat peanut butter and don't know it, it's their fault, not the school's fault.
Oh man it just killed me listening to this because I hate when people don't know what they're talking about. I mean I'm sure there are times when I'm ignorant but... anyway. For anyone who doesn't know, if someone is severely allergic to peanuts, just inhaling the fumes from peanut butter can be fatal to that person. So it doesn't mean they're afraid the kid is going to eat peanut butter from the school. It means that if another kid brings their PB&J and an allergic kid gets too close, it could be bad. Okay? Okay. I feel better now.

Well I didn't go to work til 4. I got home this morning from Pine Valley and showered and stuff. Tasha and I went to Breakfast at Tifiny's, the new little creperie that Ben and Kirsten are helping our neighbors with. We ate some chicken salad sandwiches which were delicious. It's seriously the cutest little place in Santa Clara. I'm gonna go there every day.
I practied the piano today but it was probably the worst practice session ever. I felt rushed because I had to be to work in about an hour from the time I started, and I just couldn't focus. Plus I forgot my metronome. I depend on that thing for practice. Not because I can't keep track of rhythm, but it just helps me keep track of which speed I'm on and progressing to. Anyway.

Bugged. I volunteered a couple months ago to help assist some presenter at the YSA Conference next weekend. Well, I actually thought I was volunteering to just introduce them, because I thought that's what was announced. I also thought it was just going to be a little fireside or something. But no, it's like a morning/afternoon thing, and I'm supposed to be some stranger's "assistant." Anyway, that's not why I'm bugged. A month or so ago they got all us volunteers together for a meeting to kinda tell us what it's all about but we didn't get a ton of information. So they said they'd have another meeting with us when it got closer. It's a week from today now. I just BARELY, 4 minutes ago, received an email saying we're having a meeting tomorrow at 8:30 PM. Really? You can't even give me 24 hours notice? I was looking forward to going to ward prayer. Thanks a lot. Oh and she asked me to text or email her saying I got the email and that I can go. So I'm just going to wait til an hour before because I'm bitter like that.

I don't think I like Saturdays anymore since I started working Saturday nights. My whole day just seems like a giant blob of poo.

Just eating my delicious food at Breakfast at Tifiny's
This was yesterday. 
Actually the rest of these are from yesterday. This is me, Trevor, and April driving up.

I tried to get a cool picture of me with the amazing sunset in the background but obviously it didn't really work. 
Sarah!! But not the same Sarah I was talking about in yesterday's blog..

I was being a creeper and trying to take this picture without him noticing but as you can see... 


No comments:

Post a Comment