Music

Sunday, September 9, 2012

day253.

Life is all a big circle of happiness, then worrying too much, then getting stressed and sometimes depressed, and I feel like I (maybe most of us) always come back to the same thing. The simplicity of it all. That the things that will make us happiest are being true to ourselves, loving and serving others, and just being positive.

Today I played the piano for Sarah Beacco while she sang "His Hands" in church. Sam and I then went to my house to eat something before getting in line for Elder Holland. We got back to the campus and the line was so long, but my favorite cousin was in the front so we cut next to him. I hate when people cut in line but I'll do it anyway. Haha. So we got to sit in the front row off to the side.
It was amazing. I think everyone's most memorable quote from the night was "You NEVER check your religion at the door." Meaning you never let down your standards for any reason or at any time. What would be the point of it all?
I dropped off Sam at his house and came home cause I was feeling so tired and had a bad headache and my contacts were bugging me. And my room got so messy and my car was cluttered and those things just make it so I can't do anything or be content. I laid around a couple hours with my mom and by myself and ate something before I finally cleaned my room and car, but now I feel so much better. And I showered. And finally repainted my fingernails, which I'd been wanting to do for days. It really is the little things that make me feel better.
But amidst all this, I broke things off with Sam. I'm really sad and I know I'm going to miss him a lot, but I just had to do what felt right in my heart.

Look at my best friend in the background!
Elder Holland :) He's so amazing. As he walked out, he waved and blew us all a kiss. Sweet man.

These cute little vase things I bought at Walmart for a buck each. They're like 3 inches tall. Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment