Music

Friday, September 14, 2012

day258.

I love Fridays. I don't have class til 11, and I'm done by 1:00, and then I have nothing the rest of the day. Except I did practice, and I did go to TJ Maxx with my mom to return some pants that looked funny on me. I got some new shoes instead. While I was there, I got a text reminding me tonight was the ward campout. Good thing cause I'd forgotten. I went home and packed and got ready to go. I rode up to Pine Valley with April West and Trevor Braunberger.
We got there around 7:30 and had steaks, rolls, salad, all the good stuff. Ty's grandparents own a big cabin next to Ty's parents' that is pretty much one giant mess hall with rooms upstairs. So we were all in the big room eating and then had a little presentation by President Dahl.
Unfortunately, lots of people left, including my newish friend Blair :(
But a bunch of us went outside and played capture the flag with glow-in-the-dark stuff. I was scared to run after people caue I couldn't see and I'm not familiar with the area. At one point I did start running after someone, and then lo and behold, I tripped on a log and fell. My shin hit really hard. I didn't start bleeding or anything, but my shin was stinging all night and today it's super sore and sensitive. Story of my life.
Then 15 of us piled into a truck to go spotlighting for deer throughout the valley. We saw dozens of deer, it was super fun. Kyler even got out of the truck and ran after one, but he tripped so... I guess I'm not the only one who tripped and fell.
A couple more people left. Carissa, my new friends Katlyn and Sarah, and I all slept on some couches in a circle in the big cabin. Three girls, for some reason, slept outside in the bed of a truck. And a few guys slept in the other, smaller cabin. It was a pretty fun night :)
I didn't take any pictures really up there, but the pictures I did take I'll upload later when I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment