Music

Sunday, September 2, 2012

day246.

Lord, help me find the way.

Today hasn't been the best day for me, but I'm not asking for any sort of pity party. Everyone has discouraging days. It's just part of life.
Nothing particularly bad happened. Just one of those days where happiness seems to be scurrying away everywhere I turn.
I went to church and that of course was the best part of my day. I got to come home to a wonderful family and have a delicious dinner. I went to ward prayer for a bit.
Now I'm in my room and all I want to do is go to a recording studio with endless resources and instruments and jam my life away.
I've done a great deal of thinking today about some of the dreams I used to have, and then realized I still have them, and it made me sad that they're so far out of my reach at this point.

I know I've already posted this song but I can't stop listening to it. I didn't really LOVE it the first few times I heard it, but I am obsessed with the lyrics and harmonies and the way the song grows. It has so much feeling and I wish I had written it.



hello, my old heart how have you been?
are you still there inside my chest?
I've been so worried you've been so still
barely beating at all
oh, don't leave me here alone
don't tell me that we've grown
for having loved a little while
oh, I don't want to be alone
I want to find a home
and I want to share it with you
hello, my old heart it's been so long
since I've given you away
and every day I add another stone
to the walls I built around you
to keep you safe
hello, my old heart how have you been?
how is it, being locked away?
don't you worry
in there you're safe
and it's true you'll never beat,
but you'll never break
because nothing lasts forever
some things aren't meant to be
but you'll never find the answers
until you set your old heart free



No comments:

Post a Comment