Music

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

day256.

And in that moment we were alive.

I got up to turn the fan off because I was freezing in my room but then the fan wasn't on so I decided I live in an igloo.

Wednesdays don't start out as my favorite because they are my earliest days. And it's 9 am, which I realize isn't that early but.. still. And, the first thing I do is go to my piano lesson. It's nerve-wracking because I don't get to practice right before. But I did well today, and I'm proud of myself! I've been working hard when I practice.
Before choir I went to the music store and picked up my book that came in. It's Chopin's Nocturnes :) I'm so excited to start playing one!
After choir I came home and cleaned my room (again) and my bathroom. I also practiced my guitar for two seconds.
During work I did a homework assignment and got some other stuff done. I felt so productive. I mean really, I only get between 15-60 seconds between calls most of the time. Or something. I don't count.
After work, I raced over to Jazzy's for open mic. I had Matt put my name on the list since I couldn't get there early to get a spot. I was 8th and he was 9th. I thought I did horribly because I could barely hear my guitar and I thought I was singing so loud, but I assumed everyone else could hear the guitar just fine. And I was right. So I did fine, I guess. Ashley (who works there) said that every time she hears me play there she thinks, "That girl needs to get signed!" And some guy came up to me and asked my name and a little about me and stuff. I just love how nice people are and I really appreciate their compliments.
And Matt is way talented. I hope one day I can play with as much strength and boldness as he does.
Also... I have never been to Jazzy's on a day that wasn't Wednesday. For some reason I have the thought process that it's the only day people go there but... I need to go there more often. Just to chill and meet cool people and have a good time.
I came home to a leftover enchilada and rice. I seriously think rice is one of the greatest things ever.
So pretty soon here, I will probably be spending even less time at home. It'll be school, work, the piano, church, Kirsten and Ben's new restaurant, and Jazzy's. Oh and shopping. And friends. But you get the point.

I have to complain for just a sec. I have bunions. That sounds gross if you don't know what they are, so I've included a picture I found on Google images. The foot on the left is normal, while the bones in the right foot are crooked. So if you look at the outline of the foot, it creates a bump. I have that bump on both feet.
ANYway, my point is, I've had these as long as I can remember. But only this past year or so have they really started bothering me. I thought it was just after wearing heels or too-tight shoes, but sometimes one or both of them will randomly start throbbing while I'm barefoot.
Like right now.
I need surgery :(



Whoops I forgot again.
Matt! 
I came home and this was on my door. My mom says it looks like me. 
I thought this was cool-looking so I bought it. Didn't taste bad either. From yesterday. 
One of my favorite parts of performing at open mic: free Coke. 


No comments:

Post a Comment