Music

Thursday, September 13, 2012

day257.

"ash i really do miss you you know." - a friend

I hate time. And distance.

I still imagine my perfect little street somewhere in the most beautiful part of the world, with trees and streams and hills and mountains and flowers. And on that street is my dream home, where I live with my dream husband and dream children. And next door is my best friend Kelsey with her husband and dream children. And on the other side is my dream husband's best friend and his family. And the rest of the street is occupied by all my other close friends and my family members. And just down the street is a little market. And so I never have to leave my perfect little street.

But today I at least woke up in a wonderful house with my wonderful family. Then went to school like a normal person.
After music theory, I found an empty practice room (rare) and started practicing. Just a few minutes later a lady walked in and asked me if I was a music major. Apparently she'd been standing outside the door listening to see if I was any good. She asked me if I'd be interested in being a vocal student's accompanist during that hour every week, and I was a little nervous but now I'm excited. I think I eventually have to do something like this as a music major anyway, but it'll be a good experience and it'll be fun too. I sit in on her lessons and play for her. I'll secretly be getting vocal tips too ;) Oh and I get paid! It doesn't make a huge difference cause it's only one hour a week but still, I'd be practicing piano during that time anyway. So this will be fun.

Let me take this line to say I love and adore my sweet little nephews so much you don't even know.

I also want to say I'm so grateful for my job. I make more an hour than I ever have, and I don't have to walk around and talk to customers, and I don't have to go home smelling like food. I don't even have to clean anything. I really am so blessed that I got this job right when school started. I didn't even have to have time in between jobs. I am very blessed.

My mom works two blocks away from me, and we got off at the same time tonight, so we went to Dairy Queen together to get some ice cream and onion rings. Best combination for some reason.



so many different lives

so many different ways to hide

but if you open your shutters
you might find the joy that only lives outside
so many ways to dance
so many different meanings for glance
but you only get a few if you keep staring at your shoes
you will miss every single chance
three thousand different ways
they could've rearranged your dna
but I believe just for today that
you can conquer your affliction of the brain



Probably the worst picture of me ever.
So yummy. Strawberry banana smoothie.
I thought this onion ring was way weird.

And... currently Skyping with Jon.


No comments:

Post a Comment