Music

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

day214.

Seriously. Feeling so good right now.
I got up super early today. Proud of me? Well I had to. Kirsten, Ben, and my mom took Parker to get an MRI so I had to be awake to babysit Connor while they were gone. I wish I had as much energy as that kid has in the morning.
I got ready and went to my doctor's appointment then to work. Work was pretty good. We lease out some of our offices to other businesses, and one of them is called Expedition Therapy. Today a bunch of people for their company were in the office, and this one man started talking to me because he noticed I type really fast and I told him it's probably because I play the piano. So then we started talking about music and he asked to hear my stuff. He told me it sounds commercial, something you'd hear on the radio. Score.
I went to Walmart and got a prescription.
I went to Kyle's, Luke's, Nate's, whoever's house. Can I refer to it as the Bloomington house from now on? Okay. I went over there cause Kyle said I could practice my guitar on one of their amps (I don't have one) before I played at Jazzy's. So there I was, in this basement with a bunch of pretty sweet music gear stuff, and I had it all to myself for a minute. I plugged in a mic so I could sing too.
Then Sam and Tyson came over cause yesterday Sam visited the house and decided to move in so... he moved in today. I left soon after they got there.
Came home to get ready and stuff. Put on the super cute dress I bought at TJ Maxx yesterday only to realize it had a HOLE in the front. But I just HAD to wear it. I took it to Jostlyn and she sewed it up for me last minute before I went to Jazzy's. Thanks Jost!
Ashley Johnson at Jazzy's (part of the Ashley/e crew) told me they wouldn't be starting for a while so I told Mic to meet me at Smith's and then he got in my car to go to Jimmy John's with me. Also, I believe a motel on the Boulevard was on fire? That was later though.
So we got there. Laney, April, and two girls from Finland (I think?) came to listen. I went first, so glad I got it out of the way at the beginning. I sang my songs Low Light and Black Cats. I was pretty nervous and every time I'm on stage all I can think of is what everyone in the crowd could possibly be thinking about me. Agh.
But my friends said I did a good job. So did some strangers. A guy named Ryan pulled me aside and gave me tons of compliments. He said I have a beautiful voice, that he likes the way my chords resolve. He said he was pleased to find that they were my own songs because they were well written and structured. I just felt so good about myself and decided to stick around until he and his band Halfway played because Jazzy's was making them go last, poor guys all the way from L.A.
Ezra came right after I finished, he missed my performance by a matter of minutes. I saw Conner and her boyfriend Lance too, but they did hear me and complimented me too.
I left to take Mic to his car, and on my way back in, Ryan's band mate Andrew stopped me. He had his guitar out in the parking lot and asked if I wanted to jam. I grabbed my guitar and played Black Cats again and he just soloed over my simple strums. It was super awesome and I wish I could do that.
Ezra left in time to get to work by midnight.
By the way I got some sweet potato fries and a smoothie. I just love sweet potato fries anywhere.
It's really sad that most people leave Jazzy's as soon as they're done performing, because there were very few people by the time Halfway got to play, and they definitely deserved more of an audience. Their style isn't the typical music I listen to, but they have a little funk and soul which I can always appreciate. They even dedicated one of their songs to me, aww. Before they went on, I was just hanging out with the four of them in the back of the building, talking about their tour and music of course and stuff. Sorry to keep bragging about all the compliments I got tonight, but I can't help it because I feel so good right now. They said I was the coolest person they'd met in Utah :) They also gave me a CD and signed it for me.
Now I know this isn't like the most amazing thing ever because they're not famous or anything, but they are really talented guys and they were way awesome so it just made me happy. We traded info and I left.
I came home to an email saying someone bought my song Black Cats off of CD Baby for 99 cents! I have no idea who it is, but I don't care. It's a tiny bit cool to me!
Then some mosquito or some sicko freak creature landed on my blanket thinking it could just chill on my bed, but it wasn't ready for the fury of the Kleenex that squished it in my hand. I threw the tissue across my bedroom and landed it in my garbage can like a boss.
Sorry, everything is just awesome right now. I hope I remembered all the things.

Such a good song. I can't stop playing it.
I saw someone with a camera and asked if he had taken a picture of me performing, and asked him to send it to me. It's the best I have for now!
 Free bottled Coke when you perform.



 Mic looked really cute today. 
 Oh and this is a picture of baby Parker that my mom sent me before he got his MRI. He's so stinkin cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment