Music

Saturday, August 11, 2012

day224.

This was such a good day.
Sarah and I had been talking about hiking Angel's Landing in Zion together for quite a while now. We made plans to actually do it today, and to wake up around 8:00 a.m. so that we could get there before it was too hot and late in the day.
Well we both kept falling back asleep and didn't end up leaving til around 11:00, but that's okay. When we got there it was so packed. Kirsten has a year pass, but it can only have two signatures on it. If I were to sign the second one, then my family would never be able to use the pass without having me or Kirsten there. But Sarah and I didn't want to pay $25 to get in so we decided to try using her pass anyway. She gave it to me along with her driver's license. I was so nervous, but I was in the passenger seat and I put on Sarah's sunglasses. So when I handed them the ID, they leaned to look at me a little, and then let us in. I felt so sneaky.
We started the hike around 1:00, the hottest part of the day, with the sun beating down on us. It's a pretty hard hike because you're constantly walking uphill, and the heat makes it so much harder. It took us about two hours to reach the top but we made friends along the way. We talked to a few people and found out that a bunch of them were on the same trip touring the Western U.S. Everyone up there except us spoke French. It was a way rewarding hike and I'm glad I finally did it, because I'd never done it before.
Sarah dropped me off back home a little after 7:00 and I was starving, and Sam was waiting for me so we could go eat dinner together. I showered and got ready so stinkin fast he couldn't believe it. He picked me up and we went to Outback Steakhouse. Last time we were there I loooved what I ordered, so I got the same thing and I will never order anything else there ever. Sooo good. After that Sam wanted to go to Laser Mania to play miniature golf. He won of course. It was lots of fun.
We went back to his house, and one of his roommates had just purchased the first Left 4 Dead game, so we wanted to play that. Tyson was watching a movie with a girl though, so Sam took me outside while we waited. Their house has an extra garage that's a separate building, and we climbed onto the roof to look at the sky. It was so romantic and I just loved it. That is... until we saw a light next door turn on out of our peripherals. We looked and saw that it was one of those small, higher bathroom windows. Much to our horror, some older guy opened the window so we could see in and began to take a shower. We started laughing because we felt so awkward and didn't know what to do. We laid there huddled together, hoping he wouldn't look out and see us, because that would be really embarrassing for him. It's not like we were watching, but the second Sam saw that he had left the window, we booked it outta there. Oh man. Good story, right?
Well we went back inside and soon got to play Left 4 Dead. I used to play it a ton, and he never had, so I'm really good at it and I got to teach him.
It was such a good day because I felt like I accomplished something by hiking Angel's Landing, something that was productive and adventurous and fun. And I got to eat a delicious meal and play fun games and laugh and spend time with a wonderful man.

That's the mountain with Angel's Landing at the top.


 The scary part with a huge drop off on both sides!


 View from the top.
 I asked a French person to take this picture of me. Cause Sarah stayed back at the beginning of the top part.

I took this on the way back down just so you can see the last half mile of the hike up that ridge. 
 Sam being Spiderman.
 ....And this is the best picture I got of us all night. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment