Music

Sunday, April 29, 2012

day120.


  • People I saw: Sarah, and everyone in my ward.
  • Things I did: Sarah's in town, so she went to my single's ward with me. I swear my ward is so awesome I feel like it's not fair how good church is every Sunday. Then I went home and made spaghetti with my family. Soon after that, Sarah came over again and we went to ward prayer together. Which was also awesome because everyone is so funny. And let me tell you, we have plans beyond plans for awesomeness for this summer. If you're not involved in them, get involved. Because you gotta. Don't worry Mike, you're invited to all the awesomeness. Oh by the way, sometime earlier today I saw a scary brown spider crawl as fast as a cheetah down the middle of my bed to the foot of my bed and disappear. So now I'm lying under my covers terrified because I don't know where it is or what it's capable of.

  • Something I learned: There is always hope. Allow me to share an excerpt from a talk that someone referred to in church today by John Groberg years ago: 
    • "Just as discouragement and depression feed on themselves (can't you just hear Satan saying, 'You can't do it, you are no good, you'll never make it'--sometimes he says that right to your heart, and sometimes he uses others as his agents), so does hope regenerate itself. Can't you likewise hear the Savior saying, 'You can do it, you can make it, you are worth something. I laid down my life for you. I love you. I redeemed you. I paid for you because I know you can make it. You can come home. Trust me. Follow me.' Again, sometimes he speaks directly to our hearts and sometimes uses others as his agents. But there is always hope in him."
  • Something I appreciated: My ability to swallow my pride even when it's the last thing I want to do.
  • Song you should listen to:







No comments:

Post a Comment