Music

Friday, November 2, 2012

day307.

After work on Thursday, I cleaned my room and bathroom hardcore cause I didn't want to get surgery and then not be able to clean my room for a while.
Sam Pace came over and we watched The Woman in Black.

Friday morning I woke up at 7:00 a.m. and packed a few things and headed to my parent's house. Mom and Dad drove me to the Foot and Ankle Institute and I got all prepped for my surgery. The circulator told me that a lady named Linda would be in the recovery room and that it's too bad I wouldn't remember her cause she's awesome. Well guess what, I woke up in the recovery room and I totally remember Linda.

I've never experienced loopiness due to drugs and surgery. Although yesterday soon after my surgery my brain did tell me it was socially acceptable to send a certain text message to someone. He texted me back hours later when he'd gotten off work and only then did I realize what I had done and I was slightly embarrassed by it.

But okay so the doctor told me that it would take all day for the numbness to wear off, and that I should take a Lortab before I went to bed so as to avoid pain the next morning.
I started regaining feeling in my toes and foot early evening, but I didn't feel pain and all I took was my big Ibuprofen.33
So.. night time comes and my foot starts hurting a little. Then I take a Lortab. But the pain gets worse. My dad had me take another Lortab. An hour goes by and nothing is kicking in. It's hurting so bad that I'm crying like a baby. I just wanted to fall asleep to escape the pain but I wasn't tired and I wasn't comfortable. I have to lay on my back at all times, but I only ever sleep on my stomach.
My parents were in the room comforting me and suggested I get up to go to the bathroom before I try sleeping. The second I stood up to hop to the bathroom, the pain left me completely. What a freaking relief. I am supposed to keep my foot elevated but I guess maybe I just needed to get some circulation to my foot for the pills to kick in?

Anyway. My day other than that. I was sitting in the living room til about 3:00 pm. Those hours went by fast. Then I moved to our front room which used to be my bedroom but now has a big couch and big flat screen, which is the perfect place for me to do nothing. Aaron Judd came over around 3:30 and stayed about three hours just talking and watching Netflix with me.
Later, Ty and McKayle visited for a minute, bringing me two chocolate cupcakes from Twenty Five Main.
A little later, Colter brought me a vanilla ice cream cone and talked for a minute before leaving.
Right after my foot started hurting, Sam Pace came to visit also for just a minute.

I have good friends. And an incredible family.

Top left: right before surgery. Top right: Foot before. Bottom Left: Foot after (I was still asleep when this was taken so I didn't get to see it, thank goodness). Middle right: my doctor. Bottom right: The circulator, anesthetist, and recovery person Linda.
I don't really remember this picture being taken but this is right after I got home.
Daddy petting the kitty.


No comments:

Post a Comment