Music

Sunday, May 20, 2012

day141.

  • People I saw: All my wonderful cousins and family, Ethan Killian, Dan, and his friends and sister.
  • Things I did: This morning while I was getting ready for church, my 2 year old nephew Connor managed to find my keys in my purse, go out the front door, get in my car, and lock himself in. He started my car 5 times before we finally got him to unlock the door. Sheesh. My family and I went to Ivins to go to my cousin Shaydon's missionary farewell. He gave a great talk! Afterward, we went to his house with everyone for yummy breakfast burritos and other yummy foods. Around 1:30 I took Jostlyn's phone to her house (she left it in my car last night, oops!) and I also left a brownie for her :) Then it was time to head up to Modena! I don't remember if I've ever gone up that highway past Enterprise, but it is such a beautiful drive and I really enjoyed it. I met Ethan and everyone there and we went up a canyon to set up their camp. They all came from further than me, so they've been camping out this weekend. We hiked around on some really cool rocks that I didn't really take many pictures of, then we ate some spaghetti and cheesy bread and my brownies. When it was time, we headed to a cool spot on a hill to watch the eclipse/sunset and take a few pictures. It was fun seeing Ethan and Dan and meeting all those cute girls. And of course it was cool seeing the solar eclipse and the perfect ring of fire. I wish the light outside was like that all the time. As soon as the sun went down I drove home. Along Utah 56 there were a bunch of cars pulled over at different places with cameras set up. I honked and waved at 3 different groups of people, and after the first people jumped and waved back I giggled and got so tickled over that for some reason. I just love the connection people have!
  • Something I learned: Words are so inefficient. Some are overused, some are underused. I wish some strong words were used less so that when they were used they carried more meaning. I guess kinda like the word "beautiful", which I use all the time. The one word that can never be used too much is "love". Say it to someone, right now. The world needs as much love as it can get. Tell someone you love them hurry!
  • Something I appreciated: Paved roads.
  • Song you should listen to:
Hearts and short hair. Don't I just look so happy haha I don't know why I look so ticked.

Super cool abandoned buildings!


 Creepy. I love it.
 Ethan!

 The view from the top of the rock thingies. So so pretty.
 Weird rocks.
 The lovely landscape during the eclipse that's just to the left.
 My hair got in the way of my shoe picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment