Music

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Dating the Elder's Quorum President.


Mason picked me up on his motorcycle this morning. That's right. We went to church on a bike, me wearing a dress. It was awesome haha. I got a new calling as Relief Society chorister.

After church (which was amazing), we drove home to change and then went straight to my parents' house for dinner. I love having Mason over for family meals. We didn't stay long but it was really nice.

We went back to my apartment and attempted to watch Saturday's Warrior because I grew up with it but Mason had never seen it. We made it about halfway before I could tell he was struggling to keep his eyes open. I turned it off and then we cuddled until he went home.


I remember the first few times I saw or talked to Mason. I heard him bear his testimony at church and just thought he was the most amazing guy. I even mentioned to my roommates (long before actually hanging out with Mason): "I would totally marry that guy." That little comment was based on first impressions of course, mostly off of his spiritual strength in the gospel.

I'm not going to take this time to tell our whole story (which isn't very long yet) but I just wanted to say a bit about what it's like dating the Elder's Quorum President. I know he's not like the bishop or prophet or anything, and any EQ Pres is just a normal guy, but it really has changed my life. At first I thought he was too good for me and I was nervous to be around him. That quickly changed as I realized how down to earth he was. I still think he is the most incredible man ever, otherwise I wouldn't be so in love with him.

It's just amazing to be with someone who can be so real and so wonderful. I can't believe how quickly my view on love changed, or rather, became what it used to be before being hurt by multiple people. I am extremely grateful for all the disappointments, frustrations, betrayals, deceit, and heartbreak I had to go through, because I know that I will forever notice and appreciate all the big and little things that Mason does for me, and everything he is as a man. He truly is a man of God. Perfectly imperfect. Funny, smart, ambitious, understanding, patient, thoughtful, kind, compassionate, loving, willing, selfless, sexy, and strong.






No comments:

Post a Comment