Music

Friday, September 20, 2013

Engaged!!

I was super lazy for the first half today. I saw Mason before his class. Then, I kind of did some laundry and cleaned my room but didn't do too much. Around three I went to practice the piano for Sunday.

We had a double date planned with my sister and her husband for five. Then, around four, she texted me and said she would have to cancel because she didn't feel well. She is pregnant after all. I was bummed but at the same time I thought it meant Mason would have more time to catch up on his studies.

This was our texting conversation

"I just woke up from my nap. Crap I need to hurry if I'm going to make five."
"Take your time. The date is off."
"What do you mean? What's wrong?"
"Kirsten doesn't feel well."
"Oh crap did I get her sick too!?"
"She's pregnant."
"I know I was sort of kidding."
"Haha oh."
"So what are your plans now?"
"I don't have any until 8:30. Sorry."
"Why are you sorry? Did you want me to just see you at Jazzy's?"
"Yeah sure."

So you can tell I was bummed about the date being canceled and being a little butt about it. But Mason called me and said we can't just cancel date night! So he asked what I wanted to do and I said I had no idea, but we should at least go eat cause I was planning on that and I was hungry. So he came to pick me up and said he'd ordered take out from Olive Garden and so we went to pick it up. He asked me if I felt like taking his inflatable boat out to go fishing and it sounded fun but I didn't think we had time to go all the way out and back before I had to be to Jazzy's for sound check. But he said to go to my parent's house to get some fishing poles while he went to get  his boat from his friend.

But, unfortunately, his friend hadn't repaired the whole he had torn in it yet. So I got the fishing poles and went back to Mason's but we decided not to go fishing. We finally sat down and ate our Olive Garden in his dining room. His mom came up to him and reminded him that he better finish his quiz and then I was like wait, you told me you finished your quiz before our date, did you lie to me? And he looked like a dear caught in the headlights and I said "why did you lie to me about that? You could've finished it." You know, cause we could've started our date a little later. Anyway. I was stressed. And then his dad brought him the mail and Mason opened an envelope and I saw "Fred Meyer" on one of the papers before he could put it back away.

I was thinking... okay... there's no way he's proposing tonight. First of all, the ring won't be ready til next week. And second, he wouldn't say let's go fishing and then just change his mind. And this just isn't making any sense. We only had an hour before I had to be at Jazzy's so Mason said let's just go on a bike ride. We stopped at Maverik to get gas and some water bottles and then we started driving toward the Arizona strip.

We were just talking having a great time, cruising down the road, when out of nowhere he pulls out the ring in the box and holds it in front of me. I did not see that coming. He said, "Ashlee Woolsey, will you marry me?" I was like "seriously? Is this for real?" cause I felt like it was going to be another prank (he's been trying to trick me lately so that he can surprise me) but obviously it wasn't because there was the ring right in front of me. I was just so shocked. He said "Yep this time it's for real." And so I said yes, and he took the ring and put it on my finger. We got to the Arizona strip and he stopped the bike so he could get off and get on one knee and ask me again. And it was perfect :)

Poor Mason. He wanted to take me out on a lake and propose there but all these things went wrong that weren't his fault. And he almost postponed popping the question but he decided to just do it. And I'm so glad I don't have to wait anymore :)

I'm engaged!!!!! I honestly can't believe it. I can't believe I found him. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. And the best part? He feels like the luckiest guy in the world. And that's how it's supposed to be :)

Anyway. I then called my mom to tell her. Cause Mason had told my family that he was canceling for tonight due to everything going wrong, and hadn't told them he had changed his mind again. I would've gone straight to my parents' house but I had to be at Jazzy's. And honestly I did not want to be there and I hated playing. It was stupid because the headliner quit last second so they started the show a half hour later, and if I had known I didn't have to be there til 9:30, I'm sure I would've gone to my parents' right away. Oh well. It was fun announcing to the crowd that I'd just gotten engaged within the hour, and then someone from Dixie Sun News interviewed Mason and I for a second :)

And after that we saw his parents and my parents. And then we went to his house to watch a movie. And then goodnight :)



I love my ring sooo much.
And my FIANCE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment