Music

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Worst day of the year.

Today just wasn't good. First of all, my phone is being stupid. It says it's charging but sometimes the battery will still be going down, quickly I might add. Doesn't make sense. Thank goodness my iHome has an alarm.

Then Spanish was sucky because it's early and it stresses me out. It's like foreign languages are the only classes where you can't get away with doing something else yet still focusing on what the teacher is saying. No, I have to be awake and alert and stare at the teacher while she speaks Spanish or else I'm screwed.

Then I went to piano pedagogy and my stomach was growling so loud that I was embarrassed. So after class I was going to run and get some food, but I looked in my purse and my wallet wasn't there. But I swore I put it in my purse this morning. So I went to music theory.

Thankfully, Katlyn checked and found my wallet in my room on my bed. I went home to get it and took a shower and that was probably the best part of my day.

I went back to choir, then I went down to the computer center to complete orientation for the STUPID REQUIRED CIS COURSE.

I found out I have to do 6-9 hours of homework for this class a week. I know that's not a ton, and it's a 3-credit course, but when it has nothing to do with my major it's really frustrating that I have to spend so much time on it. I was busy enough last semester, and this time I have the same schedule plus CIS plus Spanish. I'm supposed to practice the piano 12 hours a week. Spanish will probably take me at least 8 hours a week because it's 4 credits. And then let's not forget all the homework that will come from music theory, ear training and sight singing, and piano pedagogy. I know everyone is busy in school but this semester just seems ridiculous. And I'm only taking 15 credits. Oh, I also have to plan out 8 times during this semester where I attend a college-level or above concert. For zero credits.
And I work 20 hours. And I kind of would like to sleep every night. And shower and eat and I don't know, maybe do something for myself every now and then. I don't remember if I mentioned, but I made a goal to read a book every two weeks this year, or 25 books in total. Guess that goal is shot.

So that's why it's a bad day. I'm just stressed. And I feel like my whole life will be playing catch up. I'll
never have excess money, I'll only have time when I don't need it, etc.

Sorry to be such a downer.

Oh and if you've ever wondered why my job is even necessary, why the software can't just caption the speaker directly, here's an example. Today I clearly repeated the words: "what kind of neighbors?" and it came out, "al qaeda favors?" Yeah.

The good news is, Troy finally got my three photos to me after forever. So now Chase can start working on the album art. He has three days left to do that and to finish mixing two songs and to put the whole thing together. What an amazing guy.

Oh, and today's picture. Yay the break room.

The key question to keep asking is, are you spending
your time on the right things? Because time is all you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment