Music

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

All temporal things must end.

After choir today, I went home and took a nice little nap. I've had a little cold so I've been pretty tired and don't have a lot of energy. I then tried to finish writing just one more song before I met Chase in Cedar City so that we could record three and I would have a total of ten on my album. It just wasn't happening. I'd written two songs over the weekend and I felt like I was forcing it.

So I ate some food and headed up. When I got there, Chase's power in his one-bedroom apartment was out because he's moving so he didn't pay the electric bill. A friend of his helped him rig up an extention from his room by stringing Christmas lights together. It worked, and thank goodness Chase has a heat dish.
We started recording, and finished the two songs. Then we went to Taco Bell for some yummins. The new Grillers are sooo good. When we came back, I was so upset that I didn't have one more song, and Chase was getting tired. He lie down while I sat there with my guitar and started strumming some chords and ooo-ing. I came up with something and that is now the intro track to my album! What a relief. I didn't want nine tracks.. that's so incomplete. So I have ten!

Chase. The best producer at the best value in the world.


Your passion is what you will talk about with complete strangers on the street because you love it so much. — Oprah

No comments:

Post a Comment