Music

Thursday, January 24, 2013

My very first album!

I had to take an icky Spanish test this morning, and I'm pretty sure there's no way I got better than a B at the most. Oh well. But after class I realized I locked my keys in my car, cause I had put them in my purse and then decided not to take my purse to class. Oops. So I had to wait for my poor daddy to go home and get my spare key and then bring it to me. Thanks, dad!

By the way, Omar bailed on me, so I don't have anyone to play the drums with me at my party. It sucks because I wanted people to hear the upbeat version of my music live. Guess I'll just have to put on a good solo show!! Luke is playing too and so hopefully he doesn't upstage me too much!

So after choir I went to the Holland building to do more homework. But then my mom called me saying that my PACKAGE ARRIVED!!!!!!!! So I ran out of there, but took time to invite to my party a cute stranger who smiled at me as I passed him. I handed him the flyer and he said "is your number on this?" hahaha. Nope, it's not, sorry.

I opened the package and beheld the 100 glorious CDs that had my name and face on them. Okay, so I know it's not THAT exciting because really anyone can make an album if they want to. But not everyone does, right? And I did! It's just such a great feeling to hold something in your hands that YOU made. With help, of course. I love Chase so much for everything he did for me. I hope one day I can really repay him or give him enough credit. And I'm really grateful to Troy Hoskins for taking the photos for my CD. And all my family and friends for supporting and motivating and inspring me. It's just such a fun thing to put together :) I can't wait for my next one!

Troy even drove to my work today because he wanted two copies (*gasp* I gave some out before tomorrow, oops!) and I had already promised him one free one because of the free photo shoot. But not only did he pay what I was charging for each one (only $5), he gave me $20! I really am so grateful for his support!

I hope tomorrow is a success. Really. We'll see if I can pull off everything I need to do :)


"Like" my musician's page on Facebook, "Ashlee Woo." I will soon figure out how to put more stuff on there. Watch for my music on iTunes and Spotify in the next few weeks!




Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. -Stephen Hawking

No comments:

Post a Comment