Music

Friday, January 25, 2013

What's a party anyway.

Today I had Desi dye and curl my hair.

Mark called me and said he was in town and so we got lunch together at Olive Garden and he said he was coming to my party.

I picked up lights from Jessica and balloons from Lin's.

I picked up a bunch of stuff from my parent's house and my apartment.

I went to Blair's and started setting up with his and Nate's help.

Luke came to set up his PA system and my parents brought more things over.

Matt and Jessica came, and Matt set up his drums.

My roommates brought cupcakes.

Everything was set up and people started coming.

My iPod crashed and all the music was erased so there was an awkward lack of noise.

Laney plugged her iPod in but it was dying.

Emilee played a song. Luke played a couple songs. I played four songs.

People ate and chatted and bought CDs and asked for my autograph.

McKayle gave me a vinyl of "I'm Wide Awake It's Morning" by Bright Eyes. Mic gave me an amazing customized birthday card. Austin gave me a musician's notebook where I can write in piano and guitar chords and lyrics. Celeste gave me a hat and some tealights to go in the candle holder she got me for Christmas. Kimi gave me a hat too.

Then people left and it was over and we cleaned up and went home.

Pictures later.

Thank you.
Coolest card ever. 
Lunch with Mark. 
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. — Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment