Music

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Less is more.

Saturday night, I was just going to stay home and write songs, but first I was sitting on the couch with Melinda watching "Crazy Stupid Love." Suddenly she said "Wanna go to a party with me?" "Okay."
So I went to Mike Sheffield's house with her to hang out with a bunch of people. Then of course, in a room full of decently attractive men, the only guy who hits on me is short. Nothing wrong with the dude, he was super nice, I just can't date someone short. Anyway, we all watched Pitch Perfect in a big theater and he gave me a massage so it was alright.

Sunday.

After church I went to my parent's for Sunday dinner. Yummy steak and potatoes and rolls. After that I went home and started writing a song and stuff. Then I went to ward prayer with Carissa. Then I came home and finished my song. I am really excited about this one.

Oh also, before ward prayer, my parents came to my apartment because my mom wanted to see my room. Connor came with them too. That cute little kid. Oh my gosh.

Then I went to bed because 8:00 a.m. class. Ugh.




“It’s about falling in love, but also about what happens when you’ve long fallen out of love and those reminders are still there.
 You drive by them, these two buildings, and you look, and you realise that we really built that up.
That we really built that love into these things, and for a long time afterward looking at them really made me feel sad;
 to see these empty buildings that I don’t go in to anymore.
But then, as time goes on,
they start to become kind of joyous in their own way:
 you can look at them and think
‘that love was great and these buildings still stand tall"

No comments:

Post a Comment