Music

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Beautiful people.

I woke up late but I still made it to church. I saw Sam Pace sitting in my ward, and afterwards went and said hi. He said he was technically at work, and I realized he had just brought a bunch of the guys he works with to church. He works at a rehab center for addictions.

So when I got home after church, he texted me saying I should come visit one of the boys from Chicago who is very talented on the guitar. It sounded like a great idea to me so I drove over to the center, which isn't even that far from my house! He was an 18-year-old guy with the cutest smile in the world. He brought out his Martin and played a song for me, then I played a song for him on my guitar, while a couple people sat and listened and talked with us. I also gave him one of my CDs. We jammed out for a while, and then a 21-year-old guy came in with his cello and played along with one of the other guy's songs. He is amazing at writing lyrics off the top of his head, so he got out some paper and wrote a whole bunch of lines and gave it to me, and then me and the 18-year-old kid came up with a chord progression and I sang a melody. It was great!

I couldn't think of anything better I could've done yesterday. Sam told me that guy doesn't get any visitors during visiting hours (Sundays only) because he just moved here and doesn't know anyone. And the guys there were really cool and really really nice.

I later went over to my parent's house for Sunday dinner and that was also really nice.

I went to the fireside by myself in the evening, but I found Lewis so I sat by him. After that I went home and talked with Melinda and Katlyn and Nate.

This dog is always walking around outside my parent's house. It gets close but won't let me pet it!
It was super foggy this morning on the way to church. Waaay cool. Although I didn't get a picture nearly as awesome as Mic's. Man. 
Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold. — Zelda Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment