Music

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Good or bad?

Pretty good day. Lots of homework though.

So I think I mentioned the other day that my paycheck was a bit more than I anticipated, and by a bit I mean $100-150. I thought maybe my math was just bad. Cause you know, I picked up extra shifts, worked holiday hours, and also got that $100 bonus. But today at work I was reviewing my pay statement and saw that they had rewarded me $500 instead of $100! I was so shocked. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad because I already knew what my paycheck was and I didn't think I was THAT off. It's because of taxes. Seriously. Without taxes, my paycheck would've been $300 more. Anyway... I was worried they were going to take it away. Or even if they didn't, does that mean my next paycheck is going to be like nothing because of taxes? Sorry. I was just worried.

But I emailed my boss and told her. And she said they were already aware of the mistake, and HQ decided it was their fault, and they let me keep the money. SIGH of relief! And gratitude! So much extra money! Good thing too, cause I borrowed out of my savings for these CDs. The CDs that better get here on time!

Oh, UPS says they've already left Salt Lake. Sweet.

Oh and PS, at work today I got a birthday card signed by everyone on my team! How cute!!

One of my presents. 8-bit sunglasses. So cool and trippy eh!
My mom showed me this picture that she took of me on Sunday when they dropped me off at Nate's house. Creeper. But I like it. 
I finished my first book of the year today. I'm a week behind schedule, but that's just because I'm not used to reading novels for fun and because I was finishing my album and... yeah I need to do better. It was hard for me to get through for some reason, but I really liked it. Although at the end I was very sad.


The more you know of who you are and what you want, the less you let things upset you. — Lost in Translation

No comments:

Post a Comment