Music

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Piano lessons will kill me.

I went to bed early again last night. I got 8 hours of sleep and still had time to curl my hair this morning! Although it wasn't the greatest start to my day. At my piano lesson, my teacher got after me for not practicing enough. Apparently I'm not doing very well. It just sucks when the practice rooms are full during my free hours. And I'm sorry teacher, but I don't always want to go practice at 9 at night after I get off work. I'm definitely ready to go home by then. Seriously she's an amazing teacher but she must've not done anything fun when she was in college, just practice constantly. And I don't know if I'm willing to sacrifice everything during my younger years. Some of it for sure, but not all of it. I guess I'm just not very good at organizing my time? Oh well. I'll have to do better next week. I spent two hours today practicing one page of a new Chopin piece and I still struggle with it. I'm working on four other pieces plus the pieces that my three vocal majors are singing. I don't know how other piano majors do this. I'll just keep trying.

But here's something dumb. The front door at our apartment has been stupid for a long time. Lately it hasn't been closing tight. We usually lock the handle and shut the door behind us. But a couple times when I have slammed it behind me, it bounces back open. So I came home today and the door was wide open cause one of my roommates must've done the same thing but not noticed. I went inside and no one was home and I hus

I've just been doing homework today. And I have this pair of shoes here for me to draw on but I haven't started yet. I'm just doing my assignments.

And after this I'm going to host open mic at Jazzy's again but I'm not performing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment