Music

Thursday, June 28, 2012

day180.

Nothing happened today other than work cause I canceled my plans and I'm still waiting for Sam to come home again. Sigh.

But I do have some plans. Chase used to record my songs for me, and produce them, all for free. But he and I aren't friends anymore and haven't talked for about a month. So. If anyone knows anyone who has recording stuff they'd let me use.. I'd love that more than anything. Because apparently there are a few people who like my stuff and wish I'd write more and record more. I want to buy my own recording gear, but first I have to save up to buy some decent stuff. I'm going to do that, but at the same time I'd rather not wait for that to happen to get my music going.
But I'm going to try harder to get my stuff out there. I'm going to keep recording my Youtube videos, meet more people on music websites who share their music, try to play live at open mics and stuff, etc.
Basically just build my network, create a fanbase if I can, and try harder to write better music. I found out today that someone showed someone else a picture of me and they recognized me as the girl who had a really nice voice and was good at the guitar at a talent show. So if I can get my name out there, who knows? I'm not saying I'm going to get famous or anything, but it would be cool to share my music with as many people as possible, and also collaborate with other artists who are just like me. I just love the sharing part of music, and bringing people together.
Also, there might be a one in a million chance that I'll get to put "Black Cats" on the local radio station. I'll let you know what happens with that.
For now, here's a song I wrote this week based on my Monday night. It's about Sam Packer :) And boy, does he deserve a song more than anyone I know right now.

 I got this fortune cookie at Panda Express today. Below are some responses I got to posting this picture that made me happy.




Oh and also, here's someone who isn't so bright.




No comments:

Post a Comment