Music

Saturday, June 9, 2012

day161.


  • People I saw: Ammon, Chrissy, and Kiba Sorden, Kiersten, Qualyn, Ayden Barlow, Sam Packer, Seth Weinheimer, Kacey Rogers, Trevor Apple, Brett Brostrom, Kyle Broadhead.
  • Things I did: Man the days are just going by too fast. I feel like I have this list of things I want to do that I'm about to do but then something fun happens so I do that instead. For instance: organizing my closet and drawers. It just needs to be done.
    Anyway, I woke up in Desi's bed because my bed had just been replaced last night and wasn't quite ready for me. She was at a friend's house so it worked out. I got ready and went to donate plasma, which was painless enough. After that I got a drink at Sonic during happy hour before going to Ammon's house. Ammon has been my friend since we were 6 and he lived up the street from me. He is married and had his first kid 2 months ago, and I finally got around to visiting the little boy today. His name is Kiba and he's adorable. I had a good chat with Ammon about politics and news and how to educate myself. I'm excited.
    I went to Kiersten's and Qualyn's after that, because they also had a baby boy, just less than two weeks ago. So I went to meet little Ayden! Also beautiful.
    Right after I got home, I was picked up by Sam, Seth, Brett, and Kacey. We all drove over to Brett's dad's house in Green Springs to watch the game. Holy crap that house was like a castle on the inside, with red and gold decorations and just crazy hugeness. The commercials during the game kept advertising Taco Bell, so after it was over, I convinced everyone to go so I could get some nachos. We saw Kyle and a girl from my ward there who's name I can't remember.
    Oh by the way, we got stuck at both of the two stoplights on top of the Bluff overpass so we decided to do TWO chinese firedrills. Seth ended up in the driver's seat for the second one, and it was so hilarious because he's 6'9, and my seat was all scooted forward and he barely fit.
    That was on our way going to find Seth's canoe to take it out to the Ivin's Reservoir. So we had gotten my car, found the canoe, strapped it onto MY car, and started driving. As soon as we got onto the old highway, the wind was crazier than I've ever seen it in St. George. Sam and Seth were both leaning out the windows on either side of my car trying to hold the dang canoe in place, but seriously I'd be scared driving in that wind even if there wasn't a giant thing on top. So we dropped off the canoe at Sam's, then went to Kacey's and watched The Notebook. It was totally the guys' idea to watch it, and they cried. No lies.
  • Something I learned: Canoe + Ford Focus + insane wind = epic fail.
  • Something I appreciated: This new bigger bed I'm now enjoying. I will miss my best friend though...
  • Song you should listen to:
 Kiba.
 Ammon and Kiba and me :)
 Ayden!

 Just one room of the ridiculous house we watched the game at.

 Sam trying to make the canoe sturdier during the insane wind.
 and Seth trying to drive my car. Hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment