Music

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mason is back!

Connor woke up at 6:30 this morning, and we watched a few cartoons and ate breakfast and I took him to the park up the street. Then a little ater 9:00, I took him back to his mom.

Then I went to the gym with Melinda. After that, we laid around a bit then showered and got ready. I took her to pick up her car at the shop, and then we were ready to leave for Las Vegas! We got there around 4:00 Vegas time, and went to the mall but didn't end up buying or doing anything there. So, we went to the airport.

Mason's and Matt's flight was scheduled to arrive at 6:16 but there was a delay, so it said they would arrive at about 6:38. He texted me and said they had landed and I was so fidgety I couldn't hold still.

Melinda and I were standing at the bottom of two sets of escalators when some cute black lady and her daughter came up to us and asked me who I was so excited to see, so I told them all about Mason and they told me how they were there to pick up her mother-in-law for a Bible retreat. Then, she told me that Mason could be coming down the other two sets of escalators too and I got worried thinking I might've missed him. I hurried over to the further ones, and people were coming down, and suddenly there he was!

I ran up to him, gave him a big hug, he kissed me, then he lifted me up and twirled me around. I looked over at the lady and her daughter and they were smiling and waving, they thought it was cute.

We went to wait for the luggage, but two of Mason's didn't come. The flight people said they would come on the next flight in an hour, so we left the airport and went to Quiznos for a quick dinner.

We came back and got the luggage, then we headed home. Poor Mason and Matt had jet lag, and Mason was trying to sleep in the front seat, but Melinda and Matt were having some sort of karate war in the back seat and so it got a little crazy.

We got home around 12:30 a.m., took Matt home, then Mason came over. At 2:00 I took him home so he could sleep for an hour before he had to go to work at 3:15. Poor guy.


Just at the airport :)
Mason knows I love and collect clocks and stuff, so he went to this little place (in Wales, I think?) where an old lady was selling these antique pocket watches and he got one for me :) It's the kind without batteries that you wind up. It's so cool, I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment