Music

Thursday, April 18, 2013

USA.

There is something so amazing about how tragedy results in so much love and unity. I get so touched watching people come together and help each other. I wish we could feel similar to this way all the time, because really, underneath all our differences, we are so much alike. We are all brothers and sisters. In President Obama's address after the Boston bombing, he mentioned that "there are no Republicans or Democrats; we are Americans united in concern for our fellow citizens." I thought that was awesome.

We are all Americans. But on an larger scale, every person on this world is a human being. We are all human beings, none less important than another, and it's too bad we can't always treat each other as such in all parts of life. I am not perfect of course, I sometimes talk poorly of people or don't treat them as well as I should. But it's just something to think about.

This video gave me the chills. And I think it would be amazing if everyone sang the national anthem like this every time it was sung.



I'm also hurt for the people affected by the factory explosion in Waco, Texas. I just can't imagine what it'd be like if these kinds of things happened here in Utah.

As for me and today, well of course I just had an average day. School and piano lesson and stuff. I went over to Lauren James Bridal to get fitted for a photo shoot on Tuesday that my sister is doing with some other vendors. Chris is going to be a model too. I'm excited! I'm almost too fat for it but whatever :)

After work I'm going to another Pangea practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment