Music

Friday, April 5, 2013

Twenty-Five Main.

I performed my Beethoven Sonata in my class. I had someone video it, I'll have to post it later (if it's any good).

Colter invited me to Ocean Buffet for lunch with his group of friends I'd gone with before, so I went and ate some yummy sushi!

I spent the rest of the day getting ready for Twenty-Five Main. Borrowed a stool from Jason, a music stand from Jacob, a keyboard and PA system from Luke. What great friends I have!

Then, I went to Matt and Jessica's house at 5:30 so I could run through my set list with Matt. He offered to be my drummer again. So, in less than an hour, I told him what kind of drums I wanted or didn't want for all 25 of my songs. That guy is amazing, I tell you. He figured out all those songs in less than an hour, and played them with me perfectly! It was really awesome to have him there. I asked him to be my drummer and he was super stoked :)

I had a really great time playing there. It was fun having good friends come, and also some people I didn't know too well. My family came, including one of my aunts and uncles. And of course there were people there I didn't know at all, just out to eat on a Friday night. But I feel like it was a good experience for me as a performer. It's not easy to play for an hour and a half straight!


Luke, me, Matt my drummer, and Melinda. She played the piano parts for three of my songs and it was awesome!
Gorgeous Jessica (Matt's wife and a fellow piano major) and McKayle! 
 
Zef wanted a picture with me :) 
Beautiful Jen and Celeste! 
Poor Matt had to just sit there during a few songs that didn't have drums... haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment