Music

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Turning Page.

Even though I only got to see Mason for five minutes today, it was a really good day.

I went to the gym, and again, Mason stopped by on his way from work. I spent five minutes hugging and kissing and talking to him before he had to go to class and I continued my work out.

I went home and got ready for class. After class, I met my mom at Michael's for a bit and then headed home to relax before going to work.

My three hour shift was uneventful.

I stopped at Red Ginger on my way home to pick up food that Kirsten had ordered for us to share. I took it home and we ate it. Sweet and sour chicken. Mmmm.

I then spent the next hour on a conference call with my fellow Zions Bank peak time employees.

Mason called me toward the end of the call, so as soon as it ended, I called him right back. We talked for the next 45 minutes and it was easily the best part of my day. I cannot explain my appreciation for him in my life. I just can't. Oh how I wish I had a recording of everything he's ever said to me.


Anyway, one of the many things we talked about was pride and how it is the reason for almost every contention in the world. He suggested I read a couple LDS conference talks, and I wanted to share them because I really liked them.

http://www.lds.org/ensign/1989/05/beware-of-pride

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/pride-and-the-priesthood

I hope you'll read them.

Another thing, I'm really loving this song lately. I found it on a playlist on Spotify and saw that it is from one of the Twilight movies. I don't remember hearing it in any of them but I really really love it.




I've waited a hundred years
But I'd wait a million more for you
Nothing prepared me for what the privilege of being yours would do
If I had only felt the warmth within your touch
If I had only seen how you smile when you blush
Or how you curl your lip when you concentrate enough
I would have known what I was living for
What I've been living for

Your love is my turning page
Only the sweetest words remain
Every kiss is a cursive line
Every touch is a redefining phrase
I surrender who I've been for who you are
Nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart
If I had only felt how it feels to be yours
I would have known what I've been living for all along
What I've been living for

We're tethered to the story we must tell
When I saw you well I knew we'd tell it well
With the whisper we will tame the vicious scenes
Like a feather bringing kingdoms to their knees

No comments:

Post a Comment