Music

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Closed off.

I woke up and ate some cereal, then I went back to my bed. I decided to just let my worries go and be lazy. Melinda and I started watching Pirates of the Caribbean, and she fell asleep for a bit before getting up to go to work. When she left, I recorded a couple vocal tracks to send to Chase.  Now I'm at work again.

My friend sent me this, so I'm sharing it with you:

"I'm sorry your boys weren't ready to be men, Ashee.

I would say something encouraging like, "don't give up", I was thinking about it. My heart has been broken so many times, it can be really horrible, maybe you really are better off closing it off. I saw a documentary on KBYU, that said the heart can only take so many heartbreaks before it can't be fixed. I don't know if thats true, but people like us feel things so deeply, we're probably at high risk of whatever that permanent emotional damage is.

I had to learn that I deserve true happiness, which can only be given to me from God and myself. If I get it from anyone else, it can be taken away. You deserve true happiness Ashlee. It's a choice everyday, when you look at that person in the mirror. Choose to love her, and you'll always like the person looking back at you."

No comments:

Post a Comment