Music

Monday, June 10, 2013

Let's put on a show.

Before work, I filled up more than 100 more water balloons by my lonesome. My fingers hurt, cause I was the one tying them the other times too. It's okay, someone's gotta do it and it oughta be me!

I got off work two hours early so I could have plenty of time to get ready and to eat. I went to Red Ginger and ordered a crunchy roll to go. Mmmm. Love that place. Love that roll.

Carissa filled up over 100 balloons for me while I was at work. I'm so grateful! I headed to Tyson's at 7 and we practiced some more before packing up his drums and going to Jazzy's. We got there at 8:30, when Ryan had told me to be there (the booker). Darren and his crew were already there, and so was the band from Vegas.

I talked to Dutch (the sound guy I'm buddies with) and he said we would probably not start til 9:30 (supposed to start at 9:00) which I expected. My friends showed up, we tried to get started, but something was wrong with the sound board so I didn't get playing til around 10:00. I felt bad for the other band and for my friends but we got rolling and it went well, I think. I hate being on video camera, believe it or not.

I bought a shirt and CD from the band after listening to them play and realized that it's a lot harder to remember where I'm spending money when I'm using cash and not my debit card. I need to go get a new one...

I went to my parent's house to say hi. Then I stopped at Blair's to say bye to him because he's leaving town for a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment