Music

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day, Daddy.

Last night I went to Tyson's and watched a movie and just hung out.

This morning I went to my parent's for Father's Day breakfast. We had these delicious cinnamon roll pancakes and some yummy biscuit things my mom made. I went to church with them for the first hour, then left to go to all three hours of my ward with Carissa. There's a pretty cute guy in our ward who texted me a few times throughout the last week (without asking for my number, mind you) and had asked me to hang out and stuff but our schedules never matched up. And then at church he didn't even say hi to me, not once. So.. okay.

After church we went back to our apartment and Melinda was home! Woo! A while later, I went back to my parent's for dinner and hung out for a while. My grandparents on my dad's side showed up and I visited with them for a while before going back home.

Then I went to Darren's house and went through a bunch of the footage with him for my music video and he tried to figure out what I want from it so he can start editing. We just have to wait for Chase to make a new version of the song... we'll see if he comes through on the day he said he will.

I came home and watched Warm Bodies with Melinda. She had seen it before but I hadn't. I really liked it.

I really am so grateful for my dad. It kind of gets annoying to see posts on Facebook all day with every single person saying "most amazing best dad ever" because obviously not every dad can be THE best. But when you think about it, how great is it that so many people can say that about their dad and really believe it? It must mean that lots of dads out there are doing it right. Maybe all those men are being the best they can be. I know my dad is. I know he is exactly the dad I need in my life. He's always been there for me and I can't think of a time where I ever felt like he wasn't the greatest dad. He's so loving and sweet and funny and caring and hard working. I want to find a man like my dad someday... maybe. I won't settle for any less, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment