Music

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Grandma Irene.

This morning we were deciding whether to stay another night. We didn't have a room booked for the night but we called up Kirsten's mother-in-law and she said we could stay the night there. We all got in the car and were driving around looking for somewhere to have lunch when my mom got a call from her brother, Ed.

Grandma was gone. She passed away in her sleep that afternoon. My mom was shocked but seemed okay. She then called my dad to tell him, and started bawling. It was so sad, I hate seeing my mommy cry. We pulled into a parking lot and all cried together.

My grandma has been really frail the past couple years, with her health declining. She mostly just sat around her house, and couldn't take care of herself. She couldn't hear very well and couldn't talk very much. But she was beautiful and graceful and funny until the day she died. I remember how she was before she became weak, but only a little. Even in her weakened state, she would ask me to play the piano for her every single time I went over. I just wish I would've known that last time was the last time. It's so weird to think that I'll never go to her house anymore... a house I've been going to multiple times a year for my whole life. So many memories. And now our family probably won't have our big Christmas parties anymore, and we won't get together as much as a whole extended family. Life is so weird. I love you and miss you, Grandma.

We decided to get smoothies and then we went to Taco Bell. Instead of staying the night, we went to Janice's and just said hi and got some lemons and grapefruits from their trees. Then we started home and it was the longest drive. Ever.

We didn't get home til about 10:30 pm. I went home to my apartment and hung out with Melinda for a bit before going to bed. I also visited the boy next door, but just for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment