Music

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Heaven's Grocery Store

A lady in Relief Society recited this poem during the lesson today. It really touched me and had me tearing up at the very end.

I was walking down life's highway a long time ago. One day I saw a sign
that read: "Heaven's Grocery Store." As I got a little closer the door opened
and I saw a host of angels, they were standing everywhere. One handed me a
basket and said, "My child, shop with care." Everything a Christian needed was
in the grocery store; and all you couldn't carry, you could come back for
more.

First, I got some Patience. Love was in the same row, further down was
Understanding, you need that everywhere you go. I got a box of Wisdom, a
bag or two of Faith. I just couldn't miss the Holy Spirit, for it was all
over the place. I stopped to get some Strength and Courage to help me run the
race. By then my basket was getting full, but I remembered I needed some
Grace. I didn't forget Salvation, for Salvation was free. So I tried to
get enough of that to save both you and me.

Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill, for I thought I had
everything I needed to do my Master's will. When I went up the isle I
saw Prayer and I had to put that in, for I knew when I stepped outside, I
would run right into sin.

Peace and Joy were plentiful. They were on the last shelf. Song of
Praises were hanging near, so I just helped myself. Then I said to the angel,
"How much do I owe?" He just smiled and said, "Just take them everywhere you
go."

Again I smiled at him and said, "How much do I really owe?" He smiled at
me and said, "My child, Jesus paid your bill a long, long time ago."

---Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment